Grounded in the dynamic and intersecting areas of, Lutheran faith, historical family culture, and Christian community, the athletic department of Seattle Lutheran High School seeks use of physical activity and team sports to equip and develop the student learner to become servant leaders.
Our fundamental beliefs that guide the opportunities and choices we give our student athletes in our sports seasons are:
- Learning is a part of living and experience is how we learn best. Our program is about doing, participating and learning new sports and activities.
- We learn best in community. We were created by God to be in community with each other thereby learning how to work together on a team and with each other is fundamental.
- The ideal teacher is one who functions also as coach. Our coaches walk alongside student athletes, helping them unwrap their gifts and abilities.
Participation in the athletics program, in particular, is an earned privilege that is open to any person who meets the standards established. The SLHS athletics program is extra-curricular and seeks to educate the whole student which includes his or her spiritual, intellectual, physical, and emotional dimensions. Students participating in SLHS athletics should:
- Possess or strive for higher skill level in sports, and want to have fun together .
- Show evidence of effort in the academic aspects of the school program.
- Show by their attitude and behavior evidence of spiritual and emotional development in alignment with their age level and the school standards.
- Meet the standards set by the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA), and the Sea-Tac League.
- Seek to honor Christ Jesus through their efforts, attitudes, relationships and character development.
SLHS Athletic Opportunities
Seattle Lutheran offers students opportunities to participate in athletics without the stress of wondering if they are skilled enough to make a team. We pride ourselves on being a no-cut school and encourage participation from our entire student body regardless of experience.
- Girls Volleyball
- Cross Country
- Co-ed Soccer
- Cheer (offered depending on interest)
- Girls & Boys Basketball
- Co-Ed Track
- Golf (offered depending on interest)
Watch SLHS on the NFHS Network
We LOVE a full gym of fans and supporters, and with the pandemic guidelines loosening up a bit, we are so glad to welcome fans back into our gym. However, we realize that not all SLHS fans are local and so SLHS is proud to offer supporters the opportunity to watch games taking place in our gym on the NFHS Network. A small subscription is required, and it will give you access to any sporting event around the country that is part of the NFHS Network. Grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends can tune in to watch volleyball, basketball or graduation from the comfort of their own home and still be a part of the action.
To Sign up, simply click here and create an account. Once you are logged in, search Seattle Lutheran High School and browse the calendar.
Thank you for supporting the Saints!
get the latest scores and athletic news in the seaTac B league!
Seattle Lutheran High School competes in the SeaTac B League, including schools from Kirkland to Tacoma. The Sea-Tac Conference, is committed to the true spirit of competition, by being a “Champion of Character”, through the five core character values. They are: Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Servant Leadership, and Sportsmanship. Click here for a link to our school’s athletic site and SeaTac B League connections.
Follow Saints Track & Field
Keep up on the latest track and field results by following Athletic.net.